Based on our own experience, we have combined five basic tips that will allow you to keep things beautiful and functional.
Take out some of the things on the rack
Things that you wear most often should be put on a stand-up hanger. So you do not have to get them off the shelves in a day, creating a mess there. Let basic wardrobe elements be always at hand.
Use boxes and organizers
Shelves in cabinets are rarely the right size. Usually they are too high and barely filled with prophetic by a third. Special dividers and organizers in this matter - our assistants. Underwear and socks most conveniently exist in the dresser among the dividers or in transparent boxes. Believe me, when every summer scarf and every pair of household socks has its own cell, there will be much less clutter. And the search for the second blue sock, which, honestly, "should have been somewhere here," will stop.
It is no secret that a lot depends on the hangers: whether there is enough space left in your closet, what hangers will have knitted things, how aesthetically pleasing the closet inside will be in the end. First, discard the old variegated, out of nowhere soaring hangers and buy one or two sets of new at once. Secondly, do not forget to use different hangers for different purposes. For pants, multi-level hangers are invented, for soft knitwear - soft, and summer T-shirts and light shirts will feel good on thin, non-occupying hangers. Do not confuse women's and men's hangers - this can lead to deformation of your blouses.
And also let each thing hang on its own hanger. Pants feel best on a hanger with clothespins, but make sure that these clothespins are rubberized or sheathed by some kind of protector and do not hurt your clothes.
Use the space to the maximum
If the issue of storage is quite acute, then you should look critically at your closet (or dressing room) and see if you are missing a place that is potentially suitable for storage. Many of us have a lot of unused space under the hangers. It can be occupied with special organizers for things and shoes, boxes and suitcases with something necessary or, on the contrary, with seasonal things hidden for better times. A real salvation in the organization of the wardrobe section with hangers is a pantograph. It allows you to hang costumes, dresses and shirts even in two rows above each other.
Fit cabinet doors
The swing door can also be used: in the old Soviet cabinets they were usually attached a thin metal cornice, on which belts and ties were hung. If you feel an acute shortage of the same in your modern closet - attach a similar bracket yourself. Of course, we do not recommend thin doors to be drilled or pierced with nails. But reliable hooks can be stuck to them.
Bonus tips from Do-It-Yourself:
- Hanging shirts and blouses on the shoulders, button the top button - so things will not crawl, stray and rumple.
- For special perfectionists, you should pay attention to the knitted hangers of jackets. If they do not completely coincide with the hanger, then they can be pinned up with pins so that the shoulders are not deformed.
- In order that the clothes and linen smelled pleasantly, it is not obligatory to buy expensive sachets. You can buy an aromatic soap (or take a gift - probably accumulated after birthdays and March 8) and put it in the right boxes: the effect will be like sachet.
- Use the space on the door in the closet: store on the hooks of a hat, bag or necklace, straps.
- Bras better to store without folding double. If you put them one to another cups in the cups, they will not take up more space, but will remain better.
- It is convenient to store summer trousers on special many-tier hangers.
- You can organize the space with the help of available tools: put underwear and socks in the bags of shoes or bags.